db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DRDAServerStarter
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:45:37 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>

>>I think we get the equivalent behaviour by having the Monitor load the
>>NetworkServerControlImpl directly; alternatively we could have
>>JDBCBoot start it up explicitly.
>>

> I might be misunderstanding what you are proposing, but wouldn't this
> cause the NetworkServerControlImpl and its dependencies to get pulled
> into derby.jar?

That's not the intent - it would be through reflection through suitable
definitions in modules.properties.

What I am trying to avoid is NSCI calling DSS which then creates its
another NSCI via reflection.

If we go down the modules route as suggested by David then I thin we see
a network-server module (aka. drda) with a dependency on the engine but
not the other way around.

--
Jeremy