db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: DRDAServerStarter
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:19:24 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
>> DRDAServerStarter  is there in support of the
>> derby.drda.startNetworkServer property, an easy way to embed network
>> server in your application when you start Derby.
>

> Given the drda code needs to be there for this to work, can we just move
> this functionality into the drda module (and hence derbynet)?

Some code is needed in the engine to look at the property and decide if
to boot the network server. I thought DRDAServerStarter was that code,
hence it would need to be in the engine.

Or is there some way that it could be in the network server jar but
still invoked automatically when the engine boots?

Dan.