db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DRDAServerStarter
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:02:06 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> DRDAServerStarter  is there in support of the
> derby.drda.startNetworkServer property, an easy way to embed network
> server in your application when you start Derby.

Given the drda code needs to be there for this to work, can we just move
this functionality into the drda module (and hence derbynet)?

If I understand this correctly, there are two ways to start the network
server:
1) create a NetworkServerControl with complete(*) control via code
2) use the properties and have it started by the monitor

--
Jeremy

(*) almost complete control - the DRDAServerStarter needs access to
     the constructors for NetworkServerControlImpl and selects one
     depending on whether the InetAddress is null or not