db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Sharing code
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:08:58 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>You or I might not, but I'm assuming the worst case where the end-user
>has no idea about classpath, or maybe even Java. They have just
>installed two applications, one which uses Derby client at version X and
>one which uses Derby embedded at version Y.

I  recently spoke with a customer regarding this issue and found that in
fact to be the case.  He said ...

"We have two kind of providers, NetworkServer and embedded.  in the same
JVM, there will be either or both and we can't guarantee that users
don't use a jar file other than the one shipped with Derby. "

This is in an app server environment.

Kathey