db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Nightly builds
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:09:41 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:
> Dan had previously asked if somebody could set up some nightly builds.
> I might be willing to do this, but only if it could be done in an
> automated way (I don't want to have to own pushing bits up every
> night).  What I don't understand is how we publish to the web site in an
> automated way.  Is there a directory I can publish to, and how would we
> get our web site to point to that directory so that it's browsable by
> users?

Committers have access to people.apache.org. The derby web site files
that get published to the world are in /www/db.apache.org/derby . Two
subdirectories aren't part of the forrest-built web site (i.e., not in
derby/site/trunk): docs (for the old 10.0 manuals and the 10.1 docs
created from DITA source) and javadoc.

So, any subdirectory you create in /www/db.apache.org/derby will get
rsync'd to the actual web site (currently about every 2 hours). Then
it's a simple matter of adding links to the web site (in files down in
derby/site/trunk) to point to those new resources so users can find them.