db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: BTree package documentation
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 23:10:42 GMT
Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Attached is an updated html. Let me know if there are still any issues.
>
> This should also be saved as package.html under
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.

Dibyendu,

I think this file should be in the web site tree or in the code tree,
but not both. The problem is remembering to update both locations when
the file changes.

Originally, the web site stored a copy of derby/code/trunk/BUILDING.txt,
but it made more sense to link to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/BUILDING.txt instead
so people visiting the web site automatically see any updates.

There is admittedly an issue for some browsers with linking to html
files in the code tree, but there is a workaround for that issue (save
the file locally, then reopen locally) and it's preferable to
duplicating the file.

So, where do you prefer this document to reside? In the web site tree or
code tree?

  -jean