db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: BTree package documentation
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 02:55:26 GMT
Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Committed revision 278552. I made one minor change of the h2 tags to
>> h1 so forrest would generate the table of contents. Please let know if
>> I goofed anything up.
>

> Thank you. One problems is that the links are in Javadoc format (e.g.
> {@link org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexRow IndexRows}) - because
> I meant this to be processed by Javadoc. I'd be grateful if you could
> modify the links to the relevant Javadoc page, e.g. above should cahnge
> to <a
> href="http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/sql/execute/IndexRow.html">IndexRows</a>.

> Sorry for the additional work.

done. Committed revision 278667.

Except for this one link:

   {@link
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BTreeController.reclaim_deleted_rows}

When I switched the javadoc format for that link to the URL below, it
got a page not found error:

<a
href="http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.BTreeController.reclaim_deleted_rows.html">reclaim_deleted_rows</a>

I didn't have time to chase it down, so left it in the @link form until
someone has time to chase down the actual link.

> The other alternative would be to generate the appropriate Javadoc and
> put in a link to that from the Papers section, similar to what you have
> done for the Type System.

I think those pages would need to be generated in the code tree. And
currently there's a problem with displaying html pages from the code
tree for some browsers. --I documented a klunky workaround for
displaying the Type System page on
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html .

  -jean