db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dibyendu Majumdar <dibye...@mazumdar.demon.co.uk>
Subject BTree package documentation
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:41:29 GMT
Hello,

Attached is some documentation for the package
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.
Most of it is based upon information provided by Mike.

Let me know if there are any inaccuracies. I think that there are some
areas where further details would be useful:

1) How are duplicate keys handled in secondary indexes.
2) Some more detail on logging and recovery would be useful.
3) Internal transactions and how they are used to manage SMOs.

I would like this document to be made available also as a link in the
Papers section.

Thanks and Regards

Dibyendu