db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Sharing code
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 05:02:52 GMT
So, I've thought about this further, and here is what I like to
propose.  Our guidelines and any framework we build for writing and
using common code should allow for a consumer of a common component to
fall back to reduced functionality if it so chooses, but it should also
allow a consumer to raise an exception if it encounters a revision of
the service that it can not work with.  We should recommend that all
consumers work with at least one minor version prior to the current version.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

David