db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Sharing code
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:36:33 GMT

Also Rick said:

> o The exception would complain that the classpath was mis-wired and explain how to wire
it correctly.

Just remember that classes get loaded into the JVM in more ways than the
class path variable, thus there may not be an easy way to describe how
to wire it correctly.

And what happens if there is no way for the user to reverse the order
the jars are searched? This is why a defensive approach is better, if I
don't have the functionality available then I continue to work but with
reduced functionality.

Dan.