db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with svn merge svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:53:15 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>Your best bet is probably to just reapply the original patch to the 10.1 branch.

Thanks Andrew for resolving this mystery !   I wanted to avoid the patch
route because I was concerned about proper ancestry being maintained.
I am guessing even for changes made after incubation we will need to
apply some patches to 10.1 if the merge is not automatic.  I don't see a
way with svn to apply the merge markers only without merging the actual
change.   Is such a thing possible with svn?

Kathey