db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Bugs and 10.1.2 release
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:55:00 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
> I am not sure if we should put our general process info on a Wiki.. Are
> you proposing effectively moving most of the website info to the Wiki? I
> would rather have Jean or some PMC member control the process info and
> changes to it. She has been very effective in managing the site so far.
> For all other stuff, including coding and architectural ideas/tips, Wiki
> is great. Can Wiki have pointers back to website for process info? :-)

Wikis are really great when the info is still fluid. Once it stabilizes,
it's nice to catch that snapshot on the web site.

Remember: content on the web site (including current content) does not
have to be in forrest xml source files and you do not have to become
knowledgeable about forrest unless you choose to. For more info, see:

http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html#How+to+Contribute+Papers

  -jean