db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Bugs and 10.1.2 release
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:14:51 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Kathey Marsden wrote:
>

>>In order to avoid the mad dash at 10.2 release time and to make fixes
>>available to users, I was thinking it would be good to plan for a 10.1.2
>>release.
>>

>+1

I have heard no objections so let's  shoot for an October 10.1.2 release!

Issues
    --  When do we bump the version to 10.1.2?   I think just before the
release.
    --   Are there  fixes in 10.2 already that  maybe should be ported
to 10.1?
    --   Dan suggested snapshots along the way, which sounds good to me.
          I think even now is good since we have a lot of fixes in 10.1
already.
    --    We will need a volunteer for release manager.

Regarding release manager, I'd be willing to post periodic  metrics
about bugs etc, and offer any support I can,  but would rather be in a
supporting role  as the mechanics of making a release are a bit of a
mystery to me.  Andrew would you be willing to take on  release manager
job for 10.1.2?  I'd be happy to help with subtasks. I could be sort of
a release manager's apprentice.

Kathey