db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Bugs and 10.1.2 release
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:22:55 GMT
Some of these questions are also answered in the website... like how to
submit a patch. May be we could use the WIKI to maintain
architectural/coding issues, while keeping the website upto date for
general process info that doesn't change frequently. Coding issues
could include how to add a new error message, adding new service, new
datatype, new builtin functions that can be updated easily in our WIKI.<br>
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">David W. Van Couvering wrote:

    <pre wrap="">Things I'd like to see described here include:

- How to submit a patch
- How to test a patch
- The issue I'm discussing here about what branches to apply patches to
- Our recommended criteria for a release
- Architectural policies like how to create a new service, how to use a
service, how to work with shared code (if/when we do this), how to throw
exceptions, etc.
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Sounds good, most of this has been covered in e-mail discussion, and
thus is in the archives. The trick is finding someone willing to spend
the time to extract it and format in some useful, readable format.

View raw message