db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Bugs and 10.1.2 release
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:22:55 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Some of these questions are also answered in the website... like how to
submit a patch. May be we could use the WIKI to maintain
architectural/coding issues, while keeping the website upto date for
general process info that doesn't change frequently. Coding issues
could include how to add a new error message, adding new service, new
datatype, new builtin functions that can be updated easily in our WIKI.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">David W. Van Couvering wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Things I'd like to see described here include:

- How to submit a patch
- How to test a patch
- The issue I'm discussing here about what branches to apply patches to
- Our recommended criteria for a release
- Architectural policies like how to create a new service, how to use a
service, how to work with shared code (if/when we do this), how to throw
exceptions, etc.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Sounds good, most of this has been covered in e-mail discussion, and
thus is in the archives. The trick is finding someone willing to spend
the time to extract it and format in some useful, readable format.

Dan.

  </pre>