db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Message translation question
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:29:34 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Francois Orsini wrote:
>
>> You will always run into the situation where noone can review some
>> translated messages - it should work the same as getting code  changes
>> reviewed - Can code changes be checked-in without getting  reviewed? ;)

Yes, code can be checked in without review. Derby is following
Commit-then-Review, if a committer has confidence in a change it can be
committed.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview

> Ok, but let's say that I have a set of translations for the 10.1
> messages (which I do). Can I not check them in because the community  on
> derby-dev lacks the language expertise to review all the  translated
> messages?
>
> I trust that the translations are correct. My employer paid for the
> translations and I have reason to believe that the quality of the
> translation is high. That doesn't mean that you should necessarily
> trust that the translations are correct. But, neither of us has the
> expertise to verify that they are all correct.

As a committer you can check the changes in. Translations follow the
same rules as the code.

Dan.