db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@apache.org>
Subject Possible problem with embedded xa and autocommit
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:25:20 GMT
I have some evidence that derby is not always resetting autocommit
properly after the end of an xa transaction.  Is this a known problem?
Are there any tests related to this?  I'm not in a position yet to
supply a test case demonstrating this but want to ask if there is any
existing information about this.

Some details about my situation:

There are at least 2 threads involved
Connections are held in a pool.
The problem appears after a considerable time, not immediately
autocommit is definitely false after XAResource.commit() is called
I have not located any way that autocommit could be set false before
the start of the transaction, but I also haven't proved it is true for
the particular connection involved:
  I did a lot of logging including the setAutocommit calls and did not
see calls to the connection in question, but I didn't yet log the
autocommit state at the start of the transaction, so I think it is
barely conceivable that I missed something.

I'm using derby 10.1.1.0

Many thanks,
david jencks