db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject [doc bug?] saving ij output to a file
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:36:48 GMT
On the following page of the Tools and Utilities
guide:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tools/ttoolsij98878.html

It says that you can use the following command to save
the output from "ij":

By redirecting output to a file:

java
-Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
    org.apache.derby.tools.ij <myscript.sql>
<myoutput.txt>

Trying it with the following command against 10.1
yields the following:

C:\derbytest>java
-Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
org.apache.derby.tools.ij createderbydb.sql output.txt

Usage: java org.apache.derby.tools.ij [-p
propertyfile] [-ca connectionAttribute
PropertyFile] [inputfile]

So apparently you cannot specify an output file when
running SQL scripts this way.

However, as it mentions in that same page of the doc,
just below, you can designate an output file using the
ij.outfile property.  Can someone confirm to me that
this is a doc bug.  If so, I can file a JIRA entry and
remove the errorneous statement and just leave the
ij.outfile property as the only option.