db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUnit license, was: subversion etiquette]
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:01:56 GMT

On Sep 14, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> If they are required to be run, then are you providing a single
> command
> that executes both derbyall and the junit tests?

It would be trivial to write a .java test wrapper to the current
harness that runs all the Junit tests, and skips them if them junit
isn't in the classpath. That would allow people to write Junit tests,
run them concurrently with the current tests, and provide feedback in
the current harness' test output if Junit.

Yes, you'd still have to update a master for the test wrapper's
output. But it would be a step in the right direction, I think, and
would at least allow people interested in writing Junit tests to go
ahead and start doing that.

andrew