db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message translation question
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:24:51 GMT

On Aug 31, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Who rounds up translators? Is localization (to languages other than
> American English) left to productizing groups outside the community
> after Apache Derby posts a release?

Exactly. For instance, IBM recently translated the new messages in
10.1, and I am looking at having these translation contributed back
to Derby. It shouldn't be a problem this time around, because there
haven't been any changes to the translated messages by others.

In the future, though, there is a question of how not to stomp on
somebody else's contribution if they provide a bug fix with
translated messages, or a full set of translated messages. Whose
translation is correct? How would one arbitrate the decision of who's
message actually goes in?

andrew