db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message translation question
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 06:31:18 GMT

On Aug 31, 2005, at 3:05 PM, Francois Orsini wrote:

> You will always run into the situation where noone can review some
> translated messages - it should work the same as getting code
> changes reviewed - Can code changes be checked-in without getting
> reviewed? ;)

Ok, but let's say that I have a set of translations for the 10.1
messages (which I do). Can I not check them in because the community
on derby-dev lacks the language expertise to review all the
translated messages?

I trust that the translations are correct. My employer paid for the
translations and I have reason to believe that the quality of the
translation is high. That doesn't mean that you should necessarily
trust that the translations are correct. But, neither of us has the
expertise to verify that they are all correct.

Do I sit on these translated messages forever more, and not
contribute them? Or can we all agree to trust the translations, even
though we can't personally verify their quality?

andrew