db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: boolean type
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:28:17 GMT
Several RDBMS rely on BIT datatype support when they don't have
intrinsic BOOLEAN support (of course 'bit' allows more than 'boolean',
operator and semantics-wise)- this includes Sybase - as I understand
DB2 UDB does not have support for either BIT or BOOLEAN at this
point...to emulate it in DB2, one would have to use SMALLINT NOT NULL
and have some insert/update trigger to enforce values of 0 or 1
only...

--francois