db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject Re: boolean type
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 02:36:04 GMT

>However, before someone undisables the lines identified by Jeff, I
>will mention that more work than meets the eye went into it - at
>least into adjusting the tests. . .

Of course any new feature should have tests written for it. I didn't
mean that someone should hack out a line of code to enable a feature
without writing tests for it.

Can't someone at IBM resurrect the tests for the boolean type? I
would expect them to be accessible in whatever source code control
system IBM uses. Or perhaps IBM considers the reinstatement of the
disabled features to be against their interests.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/