db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message translation question
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:28:16 GMT
On 8/31/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
> David W. Van Couvering wrote:
>
> > I would suspect that translations should be reviewed and committed like
> > any other patch, and svn functionality would be used to catch conflicts.
> > Reviewing messages does assume someone other than the submitter knows
> > the language :)
>
> Exactly, it's just like code really.

With the exception that everyone here can read code and not everyone
here can read, say, Korean.

What if somebody checks in a change to a previous translation in a
language where noone in the community is capable of reviewing it? Do
you just assume it is ok, until a bug is reported against the message?
For expediency's sake that seems like the thing to do, but we might
want to enshrine that as policy, so that if the question arises in the
future, somebody can point back and say the decision was made to
accept all contributions of translated materials even if there is no
one capable of actually reviewing the content.

Just a thought...  :-)

andrew