db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: BLOB : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:27:07 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>Craig Russell wrote:
>

>>Of course, since we use DRDA, we would have to see if that protocol
>>supports blob streaming...
>>

>Yes it does. The issue is with our writeStream methods they take a
>length parameter which they use but don't actually write out.  See the
>issue DERBY-326 for details
>
>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-326
>
>I am sending this to derby-dev with  a bcc of derby-user so this thread
>can get redirected to the development list where it belongs.  If you
>want to join this discussion, see you on derby-dev.

Actually I  should qualify that I have only looked at the server side of
this issue.  When returning large objects from the server  the memory
consumption is caused by the need to know the length.    Perhaps the
client side issues are different.

Grégoire, can you  log a new bug with your specific reproducible case
and link it to DERBY-326?
That way your issue can be addressed directly.

Kathey