db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Message translation question
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:39:26 GMT
Thanks, Andrew. Now let me compound the confusion: The Supported
Territories section of the Derby Reference Manual lists some nine
languages which Derby claims to support. A reasonable person might
suppose this means that, if you use one of these locales, then you'll be
able to understand your first syntax error rather than puzzling over a
"Message ID not found" diagnostic.

o Is the release coordinator responsible for rounding up translators for
all nine languages?

o Or might it be helpful to add some explanation to the Supported
Territories section to adjust users' expectations? If so, what should we
say? What distinguishes supported from unsupported locales?

Thanks,
-Rick