db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Partial patch of i18n work
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:22:17 GMT
Hi, Andrew.  It turns out that since this patch I've had to rework some
things, so you'll want to take a fresh look when I post.  I just
encountered some issues when running derbyall which is requiring some
more refactoring, so it'll be a few more days before you see the patch
(I am not able to put full time effort into this right now).

That said, I'll answer your questions below...

Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2005, at 8:56 PM, David Van Couvering wrote:
>
>> Hm, well, I tried that before and nobody responded.  I kind of
>> suspected that if I threatened to check it in it might get a little
>> more attention.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm running it through derbyall right now and will submit
>> once it gets a clean bill of health.
>>
>> David
>

> Yep, I missed it when you attached it to JIRA. Sorry about that. It
> looks good, just a couple of questions:
>
> 1. In LocalizedResource, why not reuse the derby.ui.codeset and
> derby.ui.locale properties for setting the user's desired codepage
> instead of creating two new properties?

Great, I was unaware of these properties, I will reuse them

> 2. Are you planning on moving the code in client/resources to use your
> new i18n code?

Yes, but not in this first pass.

David