db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Bugs and 10.1.2 release
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:53:46 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> We are beginning to accumulate quite a bug backlog. There is a filter
> available on Jira  that shows the current open bug backlog, "Derby open
> code bugs".  Currently there are 108 bugs.
>
> In order to avoid the mad dash at 10.2 release time and to make fixes
> available to users, I was thinking it would be good to plan for a 10.1.2
> release.

+1

I think we as a community need to do a better job of gettng fixes to
reported bugs available to those that report them. Hardly any fixes went
into the 10.0 codeline, thus people had to wait the 10.1 release to
receive any fixes. Getting fixes in a 10.1 line to bugs reported against
10.1 is the best approach. In addition to releases I would like us to
get 10.1 snapshots posted more frequently to the downloads page, if not
automatically. Most users do not want to make the effort of downloading
and compling the source code.

Dan.