db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Partial patch of i18n work
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:43:01 GMT
Hi, all. I am thinking it would be beneficial to provide a partial patch
of the network client i18n be submitted to the codeline.  This would be
the general framework and about 100 converted messages.

I am worried that if I wait until it's all done, it's a lot of messages,
and the reviewer would have a hard time working through it all.  The
other advantage is that reviewers can catch any issues before I convert
the all of the messages, potentially saving me a lot of time.  The
observed behavior change for the user would be the following:

- Some percentage of exceptions will have valid SQL states rather than
null SQL staes
- Some messages have changed slightly (some of them were worded pretty
"sparsely", like "Driver not capable")
- There is a new default error code for network client exceptions that
is more in line with the error codes coming from the server

Would a partial checkin of the i18n be acceptable, or does someone have
a strong objection to this?

Thanks,

David