db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject [Fwd: Re: additional drda datatypes]
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:38:17 GMT
Given the following response from the Open Group, this is what I propose
to do:

1) Build five new DRDA type ids into the Derby network client and
server. Details to follow, including a test plan and description of
compatibility between other and/or older drivers..

2) Enshrine the new type ids in an Addendum to the DRDA spec to be
pushed by the appropriate group at Sun. David, I will need your help
identifying and leveraging this group.

3) Circulate the Addendum to derby-dev in the hope that someone at IBM
will champion this extension also.

Comments? Objections?

Cheers,
-Rick