db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r240111 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java: engine/org/apache/derby/impl/io/ testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/ testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/suites/ testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:10:02 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Wonderful. One more happy customer, if they still need the fix! I will
file a bug in Jira.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Satheesh Bandaram wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Dan, good catch. There was a post about 2 weeks back that said soft
upgrade doesn't work for read-only databases (including database in a
JAR) It raises the error "ERROR 40XD1: Container was opened in read-only
mode." I reproduced the problem and analysed it a little. It seems
problem shows up in DD_Version.upgradeIfNeeded(). We seem to set a
property value and since the container is read-only, it throws the
error. If I avoid DD_Version.applySafeChanges(), since no changes can be
applied in read-only mode, I was able to boot the database.

The question is do you see any problems in supporting soft-upgrade for
read-only databases?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
No problems, I thought I had addressed this, at least in Cloudscape 5.1
it was. I guess somehow the change was lost, if you enter a bug I can
look at it.

Dan.

  </pre>