db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <kar...@Source-Zone.Org>
Subject Re: platforms where Derby unit tests must run
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:45:17 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Section 2.1 of  trunk/java/testing/README.htm gives instructions for
> running the Derby tests on
>
> 1) jdk1.3.1 or higher
> 2) J2ME/CDC/Foundation
>
> Further on in the same webpage, section 4.9 lists "supported jvms"
> where the tests have successfully run.
>
> Is this accurate? More specifically, if we improve Derby's test
> infrastructure, what platforms do we expect the new infrastructure to
> support? What's good enough to start out with?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Hi Rick

We run the Derby tests on a variety of platforms like:

- Windows 2000/2003/XP
- Linux flavours (SuSe Pro 9.2, SLES 9.0, RHEL (3.0 and 4.0), Fedora )
- Solaris 9,10
- AIX 5.x
- Apple OS X Server
- zOS v1R6  (zSeries)
- i5/OS (iSeries)

The current testing harness being Java provides the flexibility to run
on platforms with valid JVMs. Hence if  there are plans to improve the
infrastructure,
I would expect  it will continue to run on the above platforms.

In addition 64 bit Linux and Windows would also be desirable as
supported platforms

Regards,
Rajesh