db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DRDA product id for Derby is DRB
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:08:15 GMT
Hi Dan,

In the 10.1 code there are two identifiers (DNC for the client and CSS
for the server). All other DRDA implementors listed at
http://www.opengroup.org/dbiop/prodid.htm use a single product id for
both client and server. Is there some reason that Derby should deviate
from this pattern? Our new product id has percolated up to that webpage
now and shows us conforming to the common pattern. Do you think we need
two product ids?

Cheers,
-Rick