db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [web] "viewcvs" URLs replaced by alternate syntax on derby website
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:41:08 GMT
The Apache server is getting pounded by web pages that use viewcvs to
display a page, such as this:

ViewCVS is great for browsing the history of files, but it's too heavy
weight for just serving up a file like we're doing. I updated Derby URLs
to use this syntax instead:

Note there is a problem with two pages that end up displaying html
source in non-Internet Explorer browsers instead of the formatted page.
I encountered the problem on Firefox 1.0.2 on fedora core 3 and Mozilla
1.7.3 on Windows XP with these two links:

(1) http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html links to

(2) http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html links to

It works if you save those pages to a file, then open the file locally.
I added work-around notes on derby_downloads.html and papers/index.html
on how to display those pages.

This change is committed in revision 239714 and the changes should
propagate to the web site in a couple hours or so.

View raw message