db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: Derby 213 patch
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:08:45 GMT

>> I don't think it is  so good to have  references to internal classes
>> (e.g org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet) in the functional tests.
>> Is there a  way within the public API to test if autocommit has
>> occurred, maybe the current XID from the lock table VTI would help.
>>

> Initial investigations don't yield anything useful from the LockTable.
> It would seem that for the client ResultSet a lock, identical in all
> ways except for the final digit in the XID, is held both before and
> after the auto commit. This differs from the embedded behavior where
> attempting to access the lock table tells me that there are never any
> locks held for my tests. I'll continue investigating but if someone
> can prove me wrong and show how the lock table can be useful in this
> regard or offer me an alternate solution I'd be most appreciative.

Sorry Kathey, I'm being dim. XIDs have the potential to work they just
require a little more creativity then my previous solution. Testing
seems to indicate that XIDs aren't held over a commit. Ergo if I compare
the XID before the commit with any XIDs after the commit and have a
match I have criteria for failing the test.

Philip