db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: sharing code between the client and server
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:09:25 GMT
Dan is still on vacation and is expected next week, I think. We may be
able to start sharing code by refactoring things like these, but we
could still continue to package these classes in both JARs. This would
allow us to not duplicate code, still keeping the same JARs. When this
common code crosses a critical mass, may be we could revisit the idea of
breaking into a common jar.

Having another JAR makes setup more involved (for end users) and need to
address multiple different version issues... but this would allow us to
start sharing code now. Just a suggestion..

Satheesh