db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Amit Modi <amit_m...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Memory allocation problem
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:23:20 GMT
Hello,
  I am using derby for my desktop application. We have our complete
application in java and
one problem which we are facing is, after doing login and logout
operation for five to six time
it shows out of memory exception. When I used some profiler, I found out
that the maximum memory is getting
used in execute() method of derby. Though after each logout I close the
database and before closing it I close all the statements and
PreparedStatements create during the login.
I think there are live pointer remaining after the database get closed
pointing to some raw data and result sets.
Can anyone please let me know whatz the best practice to make all the
pointer point to null, created internally to database.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards:
Amit Modi