db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: Patch tool acts strange
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:14:22 GMT
Thomas Lecavelier wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I met also this kind of problem because some of my co-workers used their
>IDE in 'windows end line' markers where I was using unix end line markers.
>
>If this could help you...
>
>-- Tom
>
>Craig Russell a écrit :
>

>>In my experience, this is due to a white space change. For example,
>>adding or removing a blank, or replacing a tab with blanks. There is a
>>change, just not easily viewed with the naked eye.

Ah, I think this explanation has merit. In the case of my patch it was
not just a few lines that were replaced but every line :-S

With this in mind it would probably be prudent to run the derbynetclient
suite (or at least the lang/updatableResultSet.java test) in a Linux
environment before this patch gets released.

Philip