db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Need help!!!
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:21:40 GMT
Raymond Raymond wrote:
> Who can tell me how I can find some documentations about
> the cache and buffer management of Derby?

The Tuning guide has some info about the page cache here (as well as
pointers to additional information):
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tuning/ctunperf54492.html

If what you're looking for is internal information, the
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_arch.html page provides a terse
description of cache management in the "Services" section:

> The services/cache component is a general purpose caching mechanism that simply caches
objects that implement the Cacheable interface. It is used by the store for buffer caching,
but it is also used to cache compiled plans for SQL statements, open containers and their
file descriptors, string conversions, table descriptors and maybe more.

Topics are also sprinkled throughout the derby-dev posts. The apache
archives are at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/ ;
however, they aren't searchable yet, so I often search the list at
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.db.derby.devel .

I hope this helps for getting started. Please feel free to post any
questions.

  -jean

ps. I dropped derby-commits from the reply -- it's just for subversion
commit notifications.