db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject [WEB] fyi on dueling operating system forrest builds
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 02:37:51 GMT
Under forrest 0.6, we had an issue with forrest on Windows generating
odd diffs for three files under build/site/skin (print.css, screen.css,
and basic.css). I mentioned it to the forrest-dev list as an FYI (I
included a copy of that post down below). Andrew checked in those
modified files on Windows and I found I didn't have any problems
building on Linux.

Andrew committed the forrest 0.7 upgrade under Windows, and after a
forrest 0.7 build on Linux, I'm now seeing these diffs:

[jta@gertie3 trunk]$ cd build/site/skin
[jta@gertie3 skin]$ svn status
M      profile.css.xslt
M      profile.css
M      forrest.css.xslt
M      images/txtdoc.svg.xslt
M      screen.css
M      basic.css

I did an 'svn revert' on these files before committing changes because I
want to pursue this a little more. Everything displays fine for me
locally, but I'll watch for any issues after the changes sync to
www.apache.org.

Just be aware that there could be some display issues -- and I apologize
for any inconvenience in advance. These are one of those things that
just don't become apparent until we sync the changes to www.apache.org.

  -jean