db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject [doc] Tiny change to BUILDING.txt - example value of 'j13lib'
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:32:18 GMT
Hello,

Today I was setting up the environment to be able to build Derby on a
new machine. I quickly browsed through the BUILDING.txt file, and by
mistake I set both 'j13lib' and 'j14lib' to 'JDK1?_HOME/lib' instead of
'JDK1?_HOME/jre/lib'. After a short moment of temporary confusion, I
realized why I did the mistake. In the section that describes what kind
of slashes to use in path names on Windows, the example value for
'j13lib' is 'c:/jdk1.3.1_15/lib'. This section comes in front of the
sections that actually describe what the values should be.

Although this is a tiny, tiny "improvement", I suggest setting the
example value to 'c:/jdk1.3.1_15/jre/lib' to avoid unnecessary errors
caused by not reading the documentation carefully ;) The updated section
is included below for completeness.

If I need to take further actions to get this change done (JIRA -> patch
-> review -> commit), let me know!



--
Kristian

 >>> From BUILDING.txt, changed lines marked with '>':
   NOTE TO WINDOWS USERS: *use forward slashes* ("/") in your
    path specifications.  Backward-slashes ("\") confuse Ant.
    Check your path specifications for correct use of slashes in
    ant.properties if you get errors during the build saying java.lang
    can not be found.

    For example, you should have:

 >     j13lib=c:/jdk1.3.1_15/jre/lib

    NOT

 >     j13lib=c:\jdk1.3.1_15\jre\lib




-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.5/68 - Release Date: 10.08.2005


Mime
View raw message