db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject SQL States for Network Client
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:24:35 GMT
Hi, all.  I am working on converting hardcoded English message strings
to using an internationalized/localizable message string property file.

I am using the approach of the engine where the message id is the
SQLState string for the mesasge.

The engine uses "X" as the first character to identify Derby-specific
exceptions, and then various characters appear to be reserved for
various classes of Derby exceptions.  I am proposing that I use "XN" to
indicate network client exceptions, and then I can subclass from there.

Are there any objections/questions/comments around this proposal?

Thanks,

David