db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: boolean type
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:52:46 GMT
Yes, Boolean type was DISABLED while IBM owned Cloudscape. Cloudscape
was in IBM fold for 3-4 years before it made it into open source. I
suppose it made sense to IBM to have their database solutions as
compatible as possible at that time.

Since Derby is open source now, it makes sense to follow the standard
here... So, I am not against adding BOOLEAN type. But it would be good
to investigate all relavent issues... like Myrna's question about Derby
Client... My concern about boolean parameters...

I agree with Lance about not making this conditional, using a property
or some other means.

Satheesh