db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: boolean type
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:24:46 GMT
As I dig into this issue, it has become apparent that the BOOLEAN
datatype was removed so that Derby would be compatible with DB2. The
regression test lang/db2Compatibility.sql monitors this behavior.

The IBM folks clearly invested a fair amount of effort in building a
DB2-compatible Derby. I don't want to simply undo that work. Would it be
reasonable to introduce a startup property which causes Derby to operate
in a DB2-compatible mode? The default for this property would be false,
but it might be useful for developers who want to use Derby as a baby DB2.

-Rick