db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: paging Satheesh
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:12:41 GMT
Army wrote:
[snip ,  lots of good comments ]

> 4) From what I can tell, the changes to refActions1.out fall into four
> categories:
>
>   a -- update/delete statements that used to throw syntax errors
> because of DERBY-171 were left unchanged but now run without error.
> Ex. see lines 7914-7923 of the patched refActions1.out file.

With a very  brief look at the patch, I did not see any code to disallow
the new syntax with soft upgrade.  Since users need to be able to return
to a previous version with soft upgrade I think it is important that
they not be able to go to 10.2 and then create a view that won't work
when they return to 10.1
Dan put upgrade tests under
java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/upgradeTests.   Unfortunately,  and
perhaps dangerously, the upgrade tests are not automated as part of our
suite yet because we'll need to check in old versions of derby and
manage the class path issues.

Kathey