db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: boolean type
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:43:52 GMT
The grammar's datatype-declaration-production contains a line which
disables the BOOLEAN datatype. If you remove this line, you can
successfully create tables with BOOLEAN columns. You can even create
indexes on those columns. You can even fudge around the lack of TRUE and
FALSE literals by inserting 1 and 0 into the BOOLEAN columns.

Anyone know why the BOOLEAN datatype was explicitly disabled?

Thanks,
-Rick