db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Thread on Derby on The Server Side
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:27:31 GMT
I did hear the same thing at OSCON -- that the startup of Derby,
especially when it has to create the schema and load initial data -- is
significantly slower than HSQL -- 20 seconds startup time instead of 1-2
for HSQL.  It would be very good if we could reproduce and track down
the source of this.

David