db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Added maven module to contain metadata
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:00:22 GMT
I added a maven directory to HEAD containing project definitions for all
the artifacts that the normal ant build produces. The main purpose of
this is to capture POM information (project metadata) that allows Derby
to be easily used by other projects that build using maven.

This also allows us to easily upload release and snapshot artifacts into
Apache's maven repositories for use by other projects. For an example, I
deployed them to my home directory at

http://people.apache.org/~jboynes/org.apache.derby

To run this build, cd into maven and

$ maven
will attain the multiproject:install goal to install the artifacts into
your local maven repo

$ maven clean
will attain the multiproject:clean goal to clean up the maven tree

$ maven multiproject:deploy
will copy all the artifacts into the apachecvs repository (note, for now
this this has been disabled by commenting out the maven.repo.list
definition in project.properties).

This does not build using maven, it works by copying the jars that ant
built into jars/${sanity}

If no-one objects, I will use this to upload the 10.1.1.0 artifacts to
the offical distribution repo at

http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

--
Jeremy