db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: 10.1 release makes the news.
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:04:39 GMT
David,

Attaching your ppt to a Jira issue was a perfectly fine way to handle
this web site update, especially since adding your ppt needed some
updates that aren't intuitively obvious. Here's what I did:

1)'svn add' of your ppt to
    src/documentation/content/binaries/DerbyBOF-OSCON-2005.pdf .
    Incidentally, I renamed the file so it'll be easier to add
    files for other conferences/years.

2) Updated src/documentation/content/xdocs/papers/MiscPresentations.xml
    to add a section for OSCON 2005

3) Updated src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml
    to add OSCON 2005 to the navigation menu

4) 'svn add' of the ppt to build/site/binaries/DerbyBOF-OSCON-2005.pdf

Anytime the site menu gets updated all pages on the build/site site get
updated ... and this can be confusing, so the way you handled this was
excellent.

I'll close out DERBY-494 after I verify everything looks ok on
db.apache.org/derby.

  -jean