db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Wilder <0505...@acadiau.ca>
Subject Re: SVN Problems
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:49:31 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> Hi Philip,
>
> Following is the mail Andrew about switching the repository from
> Incubator to DB and updating the svn. I
> got the same kind of error and everything worked fine after doing the
> 'switch'.
>
> Regards,
> Rajesh
>

> <quote>
>
> Hello all,
>
> The Derby repository has moved out of the Incubator repository and
> into the DB repository. You will need to update your Subversion views
> by doing a 'switch'.
>
> Get the URL by running 'svn info', and then run 'svn switch [new-
> URL]' replacing 'incubator' with 'db'.
>
> E.g.:
>
> svn info yields:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/code/trunk
>
> then run:
>
> svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk
>
> <unquote>
> ===========================================================================================

> Philip Wilder wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else had any trouble accessing revisions prior to the move
>> from incubator to db? I've been attempting to rollback my build.xml
>> file I end up svn ends up deleting the file in question. I've tried
>> using both tortoise svn for windows as well as executing from the
>> command line neither yields any success. The following are my two
>> commandline attempts. The first attempt merely tries to change the
>> single file while the second attempts to update the directory in its
>> entirety.
>>
>> C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update build.xml -r 225580
>> D    build.xml
>> Updated to revision 225580.
>>
>> C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update -r 225580
>> svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>> svn: Cannot replace a directory from within
>>
>> If I'm doing something foolish, I would appreciate any reccomendations.
>>
>> Philip

No luck. Following this procedure yields the following results:

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn info
Repository UUID: 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
Revision: 230470
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: djd
Last Changed Rev: 230183
Last Changed Date: 2005-08-04 21:30:40 -0300 (Thu, 04 Aug 2005)
Properties Last Updated: 2005-05-26 15:02:42 -0300 (Thu, 26 May 2005)

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn switch
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk
At revision 230478.

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update
At revision 230478.

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn update build.xml -r 225580
D    build.xml
Updated to revision 225580.

On an interesting note however, I've been able to circumvent my current
problem in the following manner:

C:\derby\derbyRecent>svn cat -r 225580 build.xml

This produces a screen dump of the contents of the build.xml file. If I
redirect the output to a file then I have the file I am looking for.
Obviously this is not ideal, but for the moment it appears to be working.

Philip