db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jdbc4.0 implementation plan
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:49:00 GMT
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your comments on Narayanan's proposal:

1) You want to trim Derby footprint by not creating unnecessary classes.

2) You want to be able to use package protection across the jdbc
implementations.

I think that (1) is a generally good idea although the code can be
muddled by pressing it too far. In this case I think it makes sense
since you can gather the extension methods into tidy, well-commented
code blocks.

Issue (2) is also compelling.

Cheers,
-Rick